Just 12 months ago, Quayclean proudly mounted its single largest month of operations: the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games. By every measure a great success… Proving to be another transformational event in Quayclean’s history and its hard-working employees.
Quayclean were highly acclaimed for its involvement to present the venues for over 1.5 million visitors, local and international for the 11 venues over an intense two-week period. The work included over 1,000 accredited team members, all employed directly, who produced over 65,000 hours of work.
“We demonstrated to the world that we have skills beyond our size and that we are a first-class cleaning and presentation services company. Our work was completed professionally and efficiently with many life-long friendships created,” said CEO Mark Piwkowski.
Like its role at the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games, the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games proved to be a significant springboard for other major new clients such as the Sydney Opera House, Adelaide Oval, NSW Office of Sport venues, The Southport School on the Gold Coast, Blacktown City Council, and the Parliament of Victoria.
The Games proved to be an opportunity for staff members to be seconded to roles on the Gold Coast, where they seized the opportunity and demonstrated their skills and leadership. Many have been promoted to new positions and many have added significantly to their existing positions. Individuals whose careers have taken on new roles or responsibilities include:
- Tom Mills – GOLDOC Games Manager, now General Manager, Vic, Tas, NZ
- Alex De Graaf – Carrara Stadium Manager, now Senior Contract Manager Sydney Opera House
- Diana Rendon – Help desk Coolangatta Beach Volleyball, now Payroll & Administration Officer at HQ
- Suin Hettige – Site manager Robina Stadium, now Contract Manager at Sydney Opera House
- Lexie Clark – Games administrator and HR lead at the Games, now HR & Admin Coordinator at HQ
- Allan Patman – Night shift manager Carrara Precinct, now Senior Contract Manager NSW Office of Sport
- Dave Holt – Gold Coast Aquatic Centre lead, now Regional Manager for NSW Office of Sport
- Roxie Mullany – Currumbin Venue Manager, now Team leader at NSW Office of Sport, Narrabeen
- Chris Arratia – Venue Manager Oxenford now Venue Manager Parliament House Victoria
- Manuel Gonzalez – Night shift manager Oxenford Studios, now Caulfield Racecourse Manager
- Lina Angarita – Night shift supervisor Carrara Precinct, now night manager The Gabba, Cbus Super Stadium & Queensland Admin Coordinator
“We are proud of the work of all our team to host one of the world’s largest sporting events and thrilled for many of our leaders whose careers have further developed within Quayclean,” said Piwkowski.
At the anniversary of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, we salute and congratulate all our staff for their work and whom made a critically important contribution to our success, reputation and development.
From all team at Quayclean – THANKYOU and CONGRATULATIONS!
Greg Campbell, PRISM Strategic Communications
Phone: 0418 239 139