Area: CBD & Inner Suburbs
Trades & Services • Cleaning Services
This is a full time job
Job tasks and responsibilities
The Compliance Co-ordinator is responsible for managing and improving the company’s compliance systems, policies and programs as well as supporting and providing guidance to our operational and management team with a broad range of Safety & Environment activities. The role will be based in the Melbourne Head office. Some travel and client and/or site visits may be required from time to time to fulfill the role requirements.
The Compliance Co-ordinator is also responsible for:
- Coordinating and implementing compliance initiatives across the business
- Providing advice to ensure compliance with relevant HSE laws, regulations, and Company policies
- Support the implementation of new and maintenance of existing compliance management systems
- Conducting safety audits and ensure workplace inspections compliance
- Managing site safety inspections and reporting
- Managing incident investigations and risk assessments
- Identifying workers training requirements by being proactive and promoting HSE and continuous improvement
- Continuing to drive an OH&S Culture across the organisation
- Monitoring compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
- Inspecting equipment, machinery, and work areas to observe possible unsafe conditions
- Ensuring cleanliness and good housekeeping practices are maintained
- Participating in Return to Work plans and activities related to injured staff
- Administering the company’s business insurance program, including involvement in annual reviews
Skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in HSE would be preferable or at least 3 years prior experience in a similar role and Cert IV in Work Health and Safety
- Knowledge of Hazard Management principles
- Ability to identify safety issues and prepare a comprehensive plan to achieve goals including thorough site and workplace inspections and report findings
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written
- Ability to investigate accidents and incidents and make recommendations for preventative action
- Demonstrated experience working with Injury Management claims
- Ability to develop rapport and liaise with staff across all levels
- Intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work both independently and as part of the Quayclean team
- Open to learning new ways of doing things and working to Company standards
Police check is mandatory
Training and support will be provided, along with excellent opportunities for further career development with this successful and growing business.
An attractive remuneration, including laptop and phone allowance will be provided in line with the applicants’ experience and qualifications. Quayclean is looking for an immediate start for the right candidate.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a Compliance Coordinator?
- Are you available to travel for this role when required?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?